1/2 Photos of Pasta With Shrimp and Jalapeno Orange Sauce
Entered for safe-keeping, this will wake up your taste buds! Found in California Sizzles. Feel free to increase the heat of the peppers to suit your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced or 7 ounces canned whole green chilies, julienned
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup whipping cream or 3/4 cup half-and-half
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked to package directions
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 1 minute per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 3Add green onions and jalapeno to skillet and saute 1 minute. Add wine and bring to a boil. Mix in orange juice and cream. Boil until reduced to thin sauce, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- 4Add shrimp to sauce and cook until heated through. Add pasta and toss well. Sprinkle with minced fresh parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Shrimp and Jalapeno Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.3
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 152.2 mg
- Sodium 380.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 17.9 g