Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping, this will wake up your taste buds! Found in California Sizzles. Feel free to increase the heat of the peppers to suit your taste.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Enjoyed this, thank you Kate, I didnt up the jalapenos, since DH doesnt enjoy too much heat. For my own taste, I might well do that another time. An easily prepared and pleasant supper dish, made for PRMR tag game.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced or 7 ounces canned whole green chilies, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked to package directions
- fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink, about 1 minute per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add green onions and jalapeno to skillet and saute 1 minute. Add wine and bring to a boil. Mix in orange juice and cream. Boil until reduced to thin sauce, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add shrimp to sauce and cook until heated through. Add pasta and toss well. Sprinkle with minced fresh parsley and serve.