Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came across this recipe years ago in one of my mother's cooking magazines and it turned out very well. The flavour changes depending on the type of wine you use.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or basil)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cleaned, uncooked
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb cooked pasta (spaghetti, fettucini or linguini)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut in small pieces
- In large skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter; cook onion and garlic until tender.
- Add half of the parsley (or basil) and shrimp, cook for 1 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper; bring to boil. Cook just until shrimp turn opaque and begin to curl.
- Remove from heat and reheat just before pasta is ready.
- Place cooked pasta over butter in warm serving dish; pour sauce over and toss until pasta is well coated and most of liquid has been absorbed.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Very good!! I followed it except for the tomatoes, I am not a tomato fan. LOVED IT! Thanks for posting!
It is an excellent recipe, the only change I made was to add corn starch because I wanted the liquid to be thicker. It is a keeper !