Canadian Pixie's Note:
I came across this recipe years ago in one of my mother's cooking magazines and it turned out very well. The flavour changes depending on the type of wine you use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or basil)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cleaned, uncooked
- 3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb cooked pasta (spaghetti, fettucini or linguini)
- 1/4 cup butter, cut in small pieces
- 1In large skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter; cook onion and garlic until tender.
- 2Add half of the parsley (or basil) and shrimp, cook for 1 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper; bring to boil. Cook just until shrimp turn opaque and begin to curl.
- 4Remove from heat and reheat just before pasta is ready.
- 5Place cooked pasta over butter in warm serving dish; pour sauce over and toss until pasta is well coated and most of liquid has been absorbed.
- 6Garnish with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Shrimp and Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.6
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 233.8 mg
- Sodium 922.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 27.7 g