Dr. Jenny's Note:
DH and I made this tasty shrimp linguine for lunch today and thought it was very good. We have plenty of leftovers. This is from the July 2010 "Bon Appetit."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups packed fresh cilantro, plus 1/4 cup chopped
- 1/4 cup scant green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped and seeded
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tb olive oil
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1/4 cup Cotija cheese (or feta)
- 1Blend 1 1/4 cups cilantro leaves and next 4 ingredients in processor until coarse puree forms. With machine running, gradually add 1/2 cup oil. Season generously with salt. (Pesto can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill).
- 2Cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- 3Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 Tb oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until almost opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; add tequila. Return skillet to heat and stir until sauce is syrupy, about 30 seconds. Add pesto; stir to coat. Remove from heat.
- 4Add pasta to sauce in skillet; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta and shrimp among 4 plates. Sprinkle Cotija cheese and chopped cilantro over and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Shrimp and Cilantro-Lime Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 821.4
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 181.4 mg
- Sodium 271.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 40.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: