Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
DH and I made this tasty shrimp linguine for lunch today and thought it was very good. We have plenty of leftovers. This is from the July 2010 "Bon Appetit."
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed fresh cilantro, plus 1/4 cup chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scant green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 tb olive oil
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1⁄4 cup Cotija cheese (or feta)
- Blend 1 1/4 cups cilantro leaves and next 4 ingredients in processor until coarse puree forms. With machine running, gradually add 1/2 cup oil. Season generously with salt. (Pesto can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill).
- Cook linguine in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 Tb oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until almost opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; add tequila. Return skillet to heat and stir until sauce is syrupy, about 30 seconds. Add pesto; stir to coat. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta to sauce in skillet; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Divide pasta and shrimp among 4 plates. Sprinkle Cotija cheese and chopped cilantro over and serve.
Great Great Lunch ! I did make a couple of minor adjustments. I left out the jalapeno, wished I didn't, used 1/4 of an onion, and used Feta cheese. The flavors were very very nice. I was going to make this for dinner, but made for lunch for the 4 of us. All in all a very satisfying lunch. Tagged and made for Rookie Tag.