Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Although I changed this recipe a bit from the original printed in Weight Watchers Mix It and Match It - I don't think the points have changed. Points are about 7 per serving.
- 3⁄4 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup beans, rinced and drained (I used black beans but any beans would work well)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves, sliced
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain.
- While spaghetti is cooking, in a skillet over medium high heat heat oil.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms (3-5 minutes).
- Stir in beans, shrimp, broth, lemon juice and red pepper; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and simmer covered for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked.
- In a large bowl toss shrimp mixture with pasta. Sprinkle with basil and toss again.
Thank you, Ellie, it was great. I loved it. I halved the quantities, since it is only me and my DH, and I used a full 15oz can of red kidney beans. It was extremely easy, and I loved it. Thanks again. Kaybe
A nice lunch yesterday. The reason I gave it four stars is because the directions in step three confused me. Whether it took 3-5 minutes to do this step, or if I was supposed to wait 3-5 minutes for step 3. Nonetheless, it was a nice light dinner for us, and I did not adjust anything. Made for new zaar tag.