Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very good pasta. The recipe comes from Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Pasta With Shrimp and Artichokes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke bottoms, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoon lemons, zest of, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato (optional)
- Rinse and drain artichokes, slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Pat the shrimp dry and toss with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until sizzling.
- Add half of the shrimp and quickly brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side.
- Remove the shrimp to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Brown the remaining shrimp and remove to bowl.
- Decrease heat to medium-low.
- In the same pan sauté the artichoke slices, onion, garlic, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes until the artichoke slices and onion start to brown,about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add the wine and stir gently to dislodge any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the chicken broth,lemon juice,1 tablespoon of parsley, and the remaining salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- While sauce is cooking, Cook the pasta.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Return shrimp to sauce just to warm through, no longer than 2 or three minutes.
- Pour sauce over pasta and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly, coating pasta with the sauce, about 2 minutes.
- Turn pasta out on to warm serving dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley and diced tomato, if desired, and serve.
What a wonderful full of flavor, easy to make dish. There wasn't a drop left. Thanks for sharing.
This was great. I made this for my boyfriend on our second date. He loved it and complemented me highly. I can't take all the credit though. Thanks for posting this yummy and easy recipe.