1/2 Photos of Pasta With Shrimp and Artichokes
1 hr 5 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This is a very good pasta. The recipe comes from Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke bottoms, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoon lemons, zest of, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup diced tomato (optional)
- 1Rinse and drain artichokes, slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- 2Pat the shrimp dry and toss with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- 3In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until sizzling.
- 4Add half of the shrimp and quickly brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side.
- 5Remove the shrimp to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- 6Brown the remaining shrimp and remove to bowl.
- 7Decrease heat to medium-low.
- 8In the same pan sauté the artichoke slices, onion, garlic, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes until the artichoke slices and onion start to brown,about 10 to 12 minutes.
- 9Add the wine and stir gently to dislodge any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- 10Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 11Add the chicken broth,lemon juice,1 tablespoon of parsley, and the remaining salt and pepper.
- 12Bring to a boil, then simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- 13While sauce is cooking, Cook the pasta.
- 14Drain pasta and return to pot.
- 15Return shrimp to sauce just to warm through, no longer than 2 or three minutes.
- 16Pour sauce over pasta and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly, coating pasta with the sauce, about 2 minutes.
- 17Turn pasta out on to warm serving dish.
- 18Sprinkle with parsley and diced tomato, if desired, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Shrimp and Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 559.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 36.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of