1/2 Photos of Pasta With Shellfish
Riverside Len's Note:
This involves shellfish of your choice in a tomato based sauce and served over pasta. This is a Jill St. John recipe I found in the magazine section of a newspaper in 1985. It's delicious. I've submitted the recipe as printed but I have always omitted the butter to reduce the fat. Prep and cooking times are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups various shrimp or 3 cups lobsters or 3 cups scallops or 3 cups crab, cooked
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs pasta
- 1Put butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat until butter is melted and mixture bubbles.
- 2Add wine, garlic, rosemary, oregano and onion.
- 3Cook, stirring until wine evaporates and butter is golden but not brown.
- 4Reduce heat to medium and add drained tomatoes.
- 5Add shellfish, parsley, sugar, salt and pepper.
- 6Stir until seafood is just heated through.
- 7Serve over hot pasta such as fettuccine or spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Shellfish
Serving Size: 1 (356 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 791.4
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 155.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: