Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This involves shellfish of your choice in a tomato based sauce and served over pasta. This is a Jill St. John recipe I found in the magazine section of a newspaper in 1985. It's delicious. I've submitted the recipe as printed but I have always omitted the butter to reduce the fat. Prep and cooking times are estimates.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups various shrimp or 3 cups lobsters or 3 cups scallops or 3 cups crab, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pasta
- Put butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat until butter is melted and mixture bubbles.
- Add wine, garlic, rosemary, oregano and onion.
- Cook, stirring until wine evaporates and butter is golden but not brown.
- Reduce heat to medium and add drained tomatoes.
- Add shellfish, parsley, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir until seafood is just heated through.
- Serve over hot pasta such as fettuccine or spaghetti.