Recipe by threeovens
This dish (except for the actual pasta) is made in the slow cooker/crockpot, using mostly frozen ingredients, so it is very convenient for many of today's cooks. From "Family Circle" magazine.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 lb bay scallop (frozen)
- 3⁄4 lb medium raw shrimp (frozen peeled)
- 2⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 slice onion (thick)
- 1 slice lemon (thick)
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
- 7 tablespoons reduced-fat basil pesto (such as Buitoni)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray bowl of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Arrange broccoli on the bottom of the bowl; top with frozen scallops, then shrimp.
- Pour in broth and wine; add parsley, onion slice,lemon slice, and coverf.
- Cook on HIGH 2 hours or LOW 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Place pasta in a large serving bowl; add seafood (discarding parsley, onion, and lemon), pesto, toss well to combine.
- Add pasta water, by tablespoons, if needed, and serve.