We threw this together one evening when we felt like eating something a little daring! Has anyone ever heard of cabbage being daring? Of course, we had to go to the store for all the ingredients and then come back and cook it! How much fun. It takes 45 minutes including soak time for the pasta, which is made of rice. Updated: 10/23/06 -so as to clarify Notta Pasta(Brand Name) is gluten-free. Also, use gluten-free soy sauce however, we used Kikoman personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces gluten-free pasta (Notta Pasta)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 -10 scallions, sliced diagonally (Green and white parts)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 cups julienned green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly julienned
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (We used Kikkoman, not gluten-free, personal preference)
- 1 (6 ounce) can minced clams, undrained
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish
- 1Soak Notta Pasta(Brand Name) according to the package for saute.
- 2In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat.
- 3Add shrimp, scallions, fish sauce, and sprinkling of crushed red peppers, if using. Stirfry until the shrimp just turns opaque. Remove shrimp to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- 4Add cabbage, red bell pepper, ginger and garlic. Stirfry for one minute.
- 5Add sherry, GF soy sauce or Kikkoman, clams and drained Notta Pasta(made of rice). Cook, mixing all together well, stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes or until the Notta Pasta is firm but tender.
- 6Add reserved shrimp. Toss to mix well.
- 7Serve at once garnished with cilantro, hot garlic bread and a robust red wine(to make things a little different.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Seafood and Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 166.2 mg
- Sodium 446.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 24.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free soy sauce