Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a recipe from La Costa Spa. It's low calorie but high flavor.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 16 sea scallops
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- cooked pasta (of your choice, I like angel hair)
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add shallots and garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add scallops, saute for 2 minutes each side.
- Remove and keep warm.
- To skillet, add chopped tomato, tomato sauce,and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, boil for 1 minute.
- Add scallops and heat thru.
- Serve over pasta.
So simple to make and so good to eat!! I added some imitation crab (much the same texture of the scallops) and used canned tomatoes. I made the sauce in the morning and reheated it when needed. Thanks for the post.
This was delicious. I made a little too much pasta (over half a pound) so we were wishing for more sauce. I didn't have Italian seasoning - just subbed 1/2 tsp. oregano and 1/2 tsp. dried basil. I sprinkled fresh snipped Italian flat leaf parsley over this to serve. My family loved it. Thanks.
If you find it hard to believe that scallops and tomato sauce go together, try this recipe. It was ABSOLUTELY fabulous! This is one to make many times over. Thanks!