1/5 Photos of Pasta With Sausagemeat and Carrots
I know it sounds odd but it really is quite delicious. The carrots combine with the sausage to form an unexpectedly good sauce which is thick and satisfying. It’s so easy to make and a favourite supper dish in our house-even the kids love it! Use the best sausage you can-it makes a difference! This dish freezes really well and keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using whole sausage remove meat from skins.
- 2Grate/shred the carrots.
- 3Puree the tin of tomatoes.
- 4Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan and cook the onion until translucent.
- 5Add the sausage meat and lightly brown, breaking it up with a fork.
- 6Add the carrot and stir for a few minutes.
- 7Add the tomatoes, stock bay leaf and oregano and cook, covered over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- 8Taste for seasoning-if the sausages are spicy you may not need any.
- 9Cook and drain pasta.
- 10Mix pasta with the sauce and serve.
- 11Serve cheese separately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Sausagemeat and Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.6
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 796.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 30.1 g