A wonderful Tuscan style one dish meal that is so reminiscent of our stay in the old walled village of Antinori outside of Florence..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs sweet mild Italian sausage
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 head escarole, sliced crosswise into 1 inch strips
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1 lb cellentani pasta or 1 lb fusilli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 10 minutes, remove and slice into 1 inch chunks.
- 2Add onions, garlic and escarole to the skillet and cook until the escarole is wilted.
- 3Add broths, sausage and cannelini beans and simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Stir in cheese and mix with hot pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta with Sausage, White Beans and Escarole
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1050.7
- Calories from Fat 451
- Total Fat 50.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 101.0 mg
- Sodium 2852.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 54.5 g