1/24 Photos of Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes, and Cream
Delicious and satisfying... I don't remember where this recipe comes from, but it's a pleaser! Easily doubled. Also, works well with gf pasta and sausage
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage link, casings removed,crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, drained,coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces pasta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add sausage and crushed red pepper.
- 3Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- 4Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes, cream, and salt.
- 6Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes.
- 7(Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- 8Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water.
- 10Bring sauce to a simmer.
- 11Add pasta to sauce and cook until pasta is heated through and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- 12Divide pasta between plates.
- 13Sprinkle with parsley.
- 14Serve, passing Parmesan separately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta with Sausage, Tomatoes, and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (529 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1124.6
- Calories from Fat 652
- Total Fat 72.5 g
- Saturated Fat 32.7 g
- Cholesterol 186.9 mg
- Sodium 1712.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 36.9 g