Recipe by Ozzy
This is a quick and easy mid-week meal that is sure to please the taste buds! You can use any type of pasta with this – penne makes a good alternative also i find that for the sausages Cumberland work well if you can get them! Use what ever suits your own taste!
- 4 links good quality sausages
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 200 g pappardelle pasta (a wide flat ribbon pasta)
- 50 g rocket
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- While the water is heating, remove the sausage meat from its skin and heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the sausage meat and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Break up any lumps with a fork.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and bring to a simmer then reduce the heat a little and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper - keep the sauce warm until ready to use.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente, drain the pasta and return to saucepan.
- Pour over the sauce and stir in the rocket.
- Divide the mixture between plates and serve with Parmesan.