Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a quick, easy and delicious dinner! It's also quite versatile, there is a lot you could do with it. This originally came from pillsbury.com, but I modified it to make it slightly healthier and a little more delicious!
- 1 lb pasta (gemelli, cavatappi, penni, fusilli, orechiette or the like)
- 1 lb Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook and drain pasta according to directions, return to pot.
- Cook sausage in large skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain.
- Add sausage, tomatoes, half and half and milk to pasta. Stir gently, cooking over medium heat until cooked through (do not boil).
- Add parmesan cheese, mix well and serve with garlic bread!