Barb in WNY's Note:
This is good and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage, crumbled
- 2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- cherry tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, brown sausage meat over medium heat.
- 3Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- 4Add mushrooms to the drippings in skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Sprinkle Worcestershire's sauce over the mushrooms, then stir in evaporated milk. Bring to a simmer. Add basil and pepper. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add peas and cooked sausage. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until hot.
- 5To serve, in a large bowl, toss pasta with sauce and Parmesan cheese. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Sausage Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 672.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 30.6 g