Recipe by Barb in WNY
This is good and easy to make.
Top Review by Boomette
I used mild italian sausages. Too bad they were too salty. Next time, I'll buy them somewhere else. I liked that the recipe has mushrooms and peas. It's a complete meal. My baby of 21 months old loved this. I finished by adding all the can of evaporated milk. I wanted it to be more liquid. Thanks :)
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage, crumbled
- 2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- cherry tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, brown sausage meat over medium heat.
- Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add mushrooms to the drippings in skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Sprinkle Worcestershire's sauce over the mushrooms, then stir in evaporated milk. Bring to a simmer. Add basil and pepper. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add peas and cooked sausage. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until hot.
- To serve, in a large bowl, toss pasta with sauce and Parmesan cheese. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.