Recipe by Aunt Willie
I was looking for a recipe for Olive Garden's Zuppa Tuscano -- and blended several recipes to come up with this. Serve with green salad and bread.
- 1⁄4 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 lb bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swiss chard, rinsed well and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- olive oil
- 2 cups penne
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet and add both types of sausage and onion. Cook over medium heat until sausage is done.
- Drain sausage and onion and wipe skillet of excess grease with some paper towels.
- Return skillet to burner with sausage/onion and add Swiss chard and garlic, reduce heat to medium-low and cover. Cook about 15 minutes, stirring occassionally, until Swiss chard is tender.
- In the meantime, cook pasta in salted boiling water and drain.
- Add cooked, drained pasta to skillet with sausage and Swiss chard.
- Add nutmeg and cream, stirring until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese just before serving.