Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and inexpensive pasta meal fast.
- 8 ounces large bow tie pasta or 8 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage link
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth or 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup snipped parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain well and return to pan.
- While pasta is cooking, cut the sausage into 1 inch pieces.
- Cook sausage and peppers over med heat until sausage is brown and peppers are mostly tender.
- Drain any fat from pan of sausage.
- Stir broth and ground pepper into the the sausage and sweet peppers.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Pour over pasta.
- Add parsley and toss to coat.
This is a great recipe, my boyfriend makes it with chicken sausage and chicken broth (what we usually have on hand.) Definitely a keeper
I can't believe no one's tried this recipe. I used spicy sausage so I didn't feel the need to add any others. I loved this because it requires no extra oil, it can be prepared in your sleep and you'll have satisfied diners.