Recipe by NoSpringChicken
For those people (such as my husband) who are not too fond of the intense tomato flavor found in many pasta dishes....this is for you. The ease of preparation is a big bonus for cooks, too. An Italian cookbook that has been in my collection for almost fifty years includes this recipe.
Top Review by Babybug76
I have made this several times because honestly "I LOVE THIS SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS RECIPE!". I do suggest adding cherry or grape tomatoes which adds a nice color and great flavor.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups light cream
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces cooked hot pasta, your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook sausage, peppers, onion and garlic until meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off fat, if necessary.
- Stir in cream, parsley, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Toss sausage mixture and cheese with pasta until coated.
- Serve immediately.