Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
This is a delicious,EASY, one pan dinner. If you love sausage and peppers (doesn't everyone?), you'll love this, too. Serve with fresh green salad and crusty bread for a complete meal.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage, sliced in 1 inch wide pieces (freeze 20 min. to make slicing easier)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti, broken in thirds
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen cut spinach leaves
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Heat oil in large skillet over med.
- high heat.
- Add sausage, peppers, and garlic, and saute about 4 minutes, until peppers are tender, but still crisp.
- Add water, basil, and bouillon cubes.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir spaghetti to liquid.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, cover and reduce heat, simmer 4 minutes.
- Uncover, increase heat, boil gently for 6-8 min.
- ,stirring often until pasta is al dente, and liquid is nearly absorbed, but still saucy.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
A delicious alternative to the usual spaghetti w/ tomato sauce. Clean up was a breeze--only using one pan. Leeannr thanks for posting this easy keeper recipe. With only rave reviews I will definitely be making this recipe often.
What a nice change. BF disagrees with the 5* rating, he thought there was too much spinach. To spice it up a little, I added a little tomato sauce. Nice to have only 1 pan to wash;)