Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
7 WW points; posted in WW weekly given out at WW meetings.
- 2 cups pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces turkey Italian sausage
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions using the 1/8 teaspoon salt in the water.
- While pasta is cooking remove sausge from casings (or even easier -- use the packaged Italan sausage already removed from casings) and cook in skillet over medium high heat (3-5 minutes). Stir in the kale and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in broth and season with salt and pepper. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low, cook or another 5-10 minutes or until cooker through.
- Stir in pasta and heat through.
- Sprinkle each portion with 2 T cheese OR add grated cheese to mixture and serve family style.
This is a great quick and easy dish, and healthy too! I used whole wheat pasta and couldn't resist adding a generous sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!
I was a little hesitant about making a recipe with kale, but it worked out quite well! Perhaps the kale, along with the combo of mild & sweet Italian sausage is what did it, although I also increased the pasta to 3 cups! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]