Alan in SW Florida's Note:
A hearty and satisfying dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into matchstick-sized strips
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock or 1 1/4 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 12 ounces farfalle pasta (bowtie-shaped pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a bowl. Add wine to skillet; boil until reduced to 2 tablespoons, scraping up browned bits, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add sausage, onions, and bell pepper to same skillet and cook until sausage browns, breaking up with back of spoon, about 10 minutes. Mix in tomatoes with juices, stock, tomato paste, garlic and rosemary; simmer until reduced to sauce consistency, about 10 minutes. Add chicken and juices; stir to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- 4Drain pasta; return to pot. Mix in sauce, 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 5Serve, passing remaining cheese separately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Sausage and Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (636 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1155.5
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 155.3 mg
- Sodium 1842.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 59.6 g