Recipe by Cheshie
I was feeling inventive and this is what came of it.
Top Review by zoé302
I was looking for a way to introduce sardines to my 7 month old when I came across this recipe. Althought I didn't eat the recipe myself - sardines gross me out - Finley ate the whole serving and didn't bat an eye so I assume he would give it five stars. I will be making this again and thanks for feeling inventive!
- 2 cups whole wheat pasta (I used rotini)
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- juice of half a lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can sardines, bones removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add 1 tbsp olive oil. Once boiling add pasta and cook to desired doneness.
- In a medium sized skillet melt the butter on medium heat. Once melted add chicken stock.
- Slice roasted red pepper into strips and chop the clove of garlic.
- Add horseradish to the pan and mix. Let the liquid reduce slightly and add remaining ingredients. Simmer the sauce until reduced a little more.
- Once pasta has cooked, drain and add a little olive oil so as not to stick.
- Add pasta to the sauce, take off the heat and mix to coat.