Recipe by mollypaul
This is an authentic Sicilian pasta dish from an online site in response to a recipe request.
Top Review by Shakthi
I made this twice already. The first time I followed the recipe as it is and it tasted great. Loved the addition of raisins. The second time, I added fresh tomatoes and some onions to it.
- 1⁄2 lb sardine fillet
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄8 cup seedless raisin (optional)
- 1 sprig fresh oregano (dried herbs may be used)
- 5 fresh basil leaves (dried herbs may be used)
- parmesan cheese (fresh is best) or romano cheese, grated (fresh is best)
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut fish into 1" pieces.
- Saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat until golden.
- Add sardines and continue to saute and stir until almost a paste (approximately 7 minutes).
- Add tomato paste and 3 to 5 tomato paste cans of water to the fish and bring to boil.
- Add herbs (leaves only)and raisins.
- Reduce heat, add salt and pepper; simmer until thick.
- Place cold water into large pot and start to the boil.
- Boil pasta until al dente, drain and toss with sauce.
- Serve with grated cheese on the side.