1/2 Photos of Pasta With Sardine Sauce (Pasta Con Sardine Siciliano)
1 hr 5 mins
This is an authentic Sicilian pasta dish from an online site in response to a recipe request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb sardine fillet
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/8 cup seedless raisin (optional)
- 1 sprig fresh oregano (dried herbs may be used)
- 5 fresh basil leaves (dried herbs may be used)
- parmesan cheese (fresh is best) or romano cheese, grated (fresh is best)
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pasta
- 1Cut fish into 1" pieces.
- 2Saute garlic in olive oil over medium heat until golden.
- 3Add sardines and continue to saute and stir until almost a paste (approximately 7 minutes).
- 4Add tomato paste and 3 to 5 tomato paste cans of water to the fish and bring to boil.
- 5Add herbs (leaves only)and raisins.
- 6Reduce heat, add salt and pepper; simmer until thick.
- 7Place cold water into large pot and start to the boil.
- 8Boil pasta until al dente, drain and toss with sauce.
- 9Serve with grated cheese on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Sardine Sauce (Pasta Con Sardine Siciliano)
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.8
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 345.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: