Miss Annie's Note:
This pasta dish is just right for summertime with all those wonderful home-grown tomatoes we have access to. Since the sauce is uncooked, choose the best and brightest tomatoes available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 large tomatoes, coarsley chopped
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, drained (dried or canned)
- 1/4 cup chopped basil, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces conchiglie (medium pasta shells)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Place chopped tomatoes in a colander and let drain for several minutes, stirring at least once.
- 2Transfer the tomatoes to a large serving bowl and combine with remaining ingredients, except pasta and cheese.
- 3Let stand at room temperature until the pasta is ready.
- 4Cook pasta in a large pan with 3 qts.
- 5water until al dente, about 9 to 11 minutes.
- 6Drain well.
- 7Fold the pasta into the tomato sauce and serve at once.
- 8If desired, offer the Parmesan as a condiment at the table.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Salsa Cruda di Pomodoro
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.1
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 484.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 9.1 g