Recipe by Acerast
My dear SIL has traveled the world and collected many wonderful recipes. Here is a simple recipe that was shared with her by a Danish cook.
Top Review by choco chip
After reading the other review I decided to try just 1 1/4 Cups of milk. It was a bit thick so I think next time I'll increase the milk to about 1 1/2 to 2 Cups, that should be about right. It would seem that 3 Cups would be too much milk. But if 1 1/2 to 2 Cups isn't enough I'll increase it to 3. I also didn't have fresh dill so I used about 3/4 Tbls of dried dill. I also made sure to pick out all of the skin and bones that I could find from the salmon. All in all this was very good. I will make it again.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can salmon, drained
- 2 tablespoons dill, fresh, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta al dente, according to package instructions.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Add milk slowly, stirring constantly until it is boiling.
- Remove from heat and add cream cheese.
- Return to medium heat, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Stir in salmon and dill.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with fettuccine and serve.