Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this recipe often for unexpected guests. It was the perfect meal for lunch or dinner (served with a nice salad and some nice crusty rolls). I have had this recipe for many years.I'm not sure where I got it from. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup additional milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 2 (7 1/2 ounce) cans salmon, drained and broken into chunks
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 lb fettuccine pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in flour.
- Cook 2 minutes on gentle heat.
- Whisk in milk, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream.
- Whisk in mustard, green onion,lemon juice,and half of the dill and salmon and cook for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile cook fettucine in boiling water.
- When tender, drain well.
- Combine sauce with noodles.
- Garnish with remaining dill.
This was pretty good, although I think you forgot to mention what we were supposed to do with the salmon! I cooked two whole fillets in a skillet after the pasta was drained and the sauce was simmering, and it came out fine. I put lots more lemon juice (gotta love fresh lemon juice!) but my flatmate thought it was too lemony. I also left out the peas and used tagliatelle instead of fettuccine pasta. All in all a good recipe. Thanks!