Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is SUPER simple and incredibly tasty. If you like Pasta Aglio Olio (pasta with garlic and olive oil), you'll LOVE this. The salty, garlicky salami with the sweet green peas -- MMMM! You'll find yourself making it all the time!"
- 1 lb pasta, of your choice
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces thinly sliced hard salami
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Place pasta in the pot, and cook for 6 minutes. Add peas. Continue cooking 4 to 6 minutes, until pasta is al dente. Drain, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in green onions and garlic. Season with salt, black pepper, and pepper flakes. Cook and stir until green onions are tender.
- Mix in salami, and continue cooking until heated through.
- Transfer to the pot with the cooked pasta.
- Add Parmesan cheese, and gently toss.
Very good! Simple ingredients, yet fit for company. I didn't have quite enough green onions but it was still wonderful. Add some crusty bread and a green salad and you have dinner. YUM! Thanks, Savvy Hostess, for posting.
OMG!!! I make this all the time for my Italian husband and his family. They LOVE it!!! Have been meaning to rate this for 3 months now. Savvy Hostess grazie mille mille MILLE for posting this bloody tasty pasta dish!!!