Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Nigella Lawson. This is how I made it.
Make and share this Pasta With Salami recipe from Food.com.
- salted water
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 4 ounces sliced genoa salami, cut in 1/2-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 yellow onion, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- cracked black pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne per directions.
- Heat a wide, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, dry. When hot, add salami. Stir until crispy and fat has rendered.
- Add 1 tbsp butter. When melted, add onion and saute until limp 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine. Add water to tomato can and rinse out; add to pan. Add beans, thyme, oregano, basil, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Stir well and let bubble while pasta cooks. Just before pasta is done, swirl in remaining butter.
- Reserve a cup or so of pasta cooking water, then drain pasta. Add pasta to skillet and stir well; add small amounts of pasta water if needed to correct the consistency. Let stand 2-3 minutes to meld flavors. Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.