Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This delicious recipe can be served warm or at room temperature.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 medium eggplants, unpeeled,cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 large crookneck yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 1⁄4 cups peeled butternut squash (1/2-inch pieces)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs penne pasta
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored,seeded,diced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil or 2 1⁄4 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Spray large roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine red bell peppers, eggplant, crookneck squash, and butternut squash in prepared pan.
- Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Roast until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally, approximately 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain; reserve 3/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine pasta, roasted vegetables, tomatoes, and basil in large bowl.
- Add remaining 3 tablespoons oil, vinegar, and garlic.
- Toss to combine.
- Season pasta to taste with salt and pepper, adding reserved cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls to moisten, if desired.
- Mound pasta on platter.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
- (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and keep at room temperature).
This is a superb recipe for pasta and vegetables! Very flavorful!
This is an excellent dish for vegetarian eating. Very filling and light but with a depth of flavour. Time consuming to prepare but good even the day after. I would be more apt to serve this along with a meat main course like grilled chicken.