Prep 30 mins
Cook 46 mins
Recipe Courtesy of Italian Cooking and Living. Allow eggplant to drain for 30 mins.
- 1 red pepper, cored & seeded cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 green pepper, cored & seeded, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cored and seeded cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 small yellow zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped in half
- 1⁄4 cup sicilian extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, leaves only
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (bowtie)
- freshly grated grana padano
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Cut the eggplant & place in a colander.
- Season with salt and allow the bitter juices to drain out for 30 minutes.
- Place all of the vegetables in a roasting pan and mix in the olive oil, stirring to coat.
- Bake, stirring often, for about 40 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Add half of the parsley and thyme, and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil and add the pasta and salt.
- Cook until al dente and drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- In a warmed serving bowl, toss the pasta, half of the vegetables, reserved water, and some grated grana.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and serve, passing additional cheese at the table.