1/2 Photos of Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Kozmic Blues's Note:
The roasted red peppers in this dish really add a special "something" to the tomato sauce. Growing up, we had pasta with tomato sauce at LEAST once a week. This recipe really adds another depth of flavor to a very familiar dish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pasta, of your choice (farfalle, fusilli or gemelli are nice choices)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated pecorino romano cheese, for serving
- 1Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. (I usually boil mine for 7 minutes, and its perfect eveytime)
- 2For the sauce: Place drained roasted red peppers in a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
- 3Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 4Add the garlic and shallots and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Next add the roasted red pepper puree and saute for another 2 minutes more.
- 6Stir in the white wine or vegetable stock, and reduce suace for another two minutes.
- 7Then stir in the crushed tomatoes, taste the sauce and add salt, pepper and/or crushed red pepper according to you and your family's taste.
- 8Stir in half of the chopped parsley.
- 9Cover sauce and simmer until pasta is ready.
- 10Drain pasta, toss with the sauce, and pour into a serving dish.
- 11Top with remaining chopped parsley and Pecorino Romano cheese, and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.6
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1327.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 11.8 g