Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
From Weight Watchers , "Make it in Minutes". I found this to be most satisfying and DELISH! 5 points per serving if FF half & half used.
- 1⁄2 lb pasta, ie. Campenelle little bells
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, drained & chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half (or fat free for fewer calories)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a nonstick sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in roasted red peppers, mushrooms and basil and basil, cook about 1 minute, stir.
- Add the broth; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add half & half.
- Puree 1/2 the sauce, if desired, combine with remaining sauce. Pour over te pasta and toss to coat.