Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Saturday is "Pantry Pasta" day... the day I use up odds and ends from the pantry in preparation for the new week. Here's the combo I made tonight... the whole family loved it!
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes and onion to a large saute pan set on high heat. Cook until the onion is soft and the garlic is beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and boil until the wine is reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 7 minutes, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta in the boiling water until just tender. Drain the pasta well and return it to the pot.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, stir in the cheese and serve.