Saturday is "Pantry Pasta" day... the day I use up odds and ends from the pantry in preparation for the new week. Here's the combo I made tonight... the whole family loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb pasta (I used bow ties)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Bring the water to a boil in a large pot.
- 2Add the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes and onion to a large saute pan set on high heat. Cook until the onion is soft and the garlic is beginning to brown, about 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in the wine and boil until the wine is reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes.
- 4Pour in the chicken stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 7 minutes, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- 5While the sauce is simmering, cook the pasta in the boiling water until just tender. Drain the pasta well and return it to the pot.
- 6Pour the sauce over the pasta and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat, stir in the cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Roasted Peppers and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.6
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 1245.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 25.0 g