Recipe by sofie-a-toast
Top Review by COOKGIRl
This required the best quality ingredients: fresh tomatoes (Early Girls, yellow and orange cherry toms) and garlic from my brother's garden and fresh basil from our CSA box. I toasted the breadcrumbs separately in a dry cast iron skillet, set them aside them stirred in freshly grated parmesan. Next time I'll use fresh pasta and not dried. Easy! Loved the balsamic with the tomatoes! Reviewed for Veg Tag/September.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cherry tomatoes
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup french breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb penne or 1 lb fusilli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. Halve tomatoes and garlic cloves and toss with olive oil and balsamic (to taste - probably just a few dashes) in a baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mixture evenly over tomatoes.
- Roast mixture for 30-40 minutes or until mixture is bubbly, browned, or slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted water, cook pasta for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Add pasta to the tomato mixture and toss with fresh chopped basil.