Make and share this Pasta With Roasted Garlic, Cherry Tomatoes and Basil recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400. Halve tomatoes and garlic cloves and toss with olive oil and balsamic (to taste - probably just a few dashes) in a baking dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon mixture evenly over tomatoes.
- Roast mixture for 30-40 minutes or until mixture is bubbly, browned, or slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted water, cook pasta for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Add pasta to the tomato mixture and toss with fresh chopped basil.
This required the best quality ingredients: fresh tomatoes (Early Girls, yellow and orange cherry toms) and garlic from my brother's garden and fresh basil from our CSA box. I toasted the breadcrumbs separately in a dry cast iron skillet, set them aside them stirred in freshly grated parmesan. Next time I'll use fresh pasta and not dried. Easy! Loved the balsamic with the tomatoes! Reviewed for Veg Tag/September.
Loved this quick and easy, tasteful pasta delight! The only change was I didn't have cherry tomatoes, but had some juicy farm tomatoes that I sliced in quarters. Be sure to add the balsamic vinegar, it goes well here. I thought it would be more saucy, but once you put it on your pasta, take your fork and bust through the tomatoes the roasted garlic, and the juices go right into the pasta, creating a lovely sauce. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT7
I love this recipe! I made it for lunch today, only we passed on the pasta. I made up a cheese board, cut up some meats and salami, and used your tomato dish to dip toasted Italian bread into. I have no idea what's for dinner because I'm stuffed! Super easy to put together, loaded with flavor & with my tomatoes ripening like gang busters no doubt I will be making this again!