1/4 Photos of Pasta With Roasted Garlic and Cherry Tomatoes
heather in Ont,'s Note:
Prep time approx. 40 min (I found this in the May 2003 Canadian Living Magazine) This is a quick and easy recipe. Garlic becomes mellow when roasted,(so don't let 12 cloves scare you away) and roasting the tomatoes brings out the rich flavor. The two compliment each other. Using cherry tomatoes saves time so if you use other kinds of tomatoes it may take longer. I have two kids age 11 and 14 who love this recipe and always have more than one helping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 garlic cloves, cut in half (don't be shy)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb bucatini pasta (I used bow tie) or 1 lb your favourite pasta (I used bow tie)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- 1In a bowl toss sliced tomatoes, sliced garlic, oil, basil, salt, hot pepper flakes and ground pepper.
- 2Place in a 9 X 13 metal cake pan and roast at 400°F for approximately 30 minute.
- 3The tomatoes should be shriveled and the garlic tender.
- 4Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water while tomatoes and garlic are cooking.
- 5Drain and return pasta to pot.
- 6Add garlic tomato mixture and parsley, tossing to coat.
- 7Serve with sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- 8If you don't have any fresh Parmesan try other sharp hard cheeses such as Romano or Asiago.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Roasted Garlic and Cherry Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.6
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 500.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 21.7 g