Prep time approx. 40 min (I found this in the May 2003 Canadian Living Magazine) This is a quick and easy recipe. Garlic becomes mellow when roasted,(so don't let 12 cloves scare you away) and roasting the tomatoes brings out the rich flavor. The two compliment each other. Using cherry tomatoes saves time so if you use other kinds of tomatoes it may take longer. I have two kids age 11 and 14 who love this recipe and always have more than one helping.
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 garlic cloves, cut in half (don't be shy)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 lb bucatini pasta (I used bow tie) or 1 lb your favourite pasta (I used bow tie)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup freshly shaved parmesan cheese
- In a bowl toss sliced tomatoes, sliced garlic, oil, basil, salt, hot pepper flakes and ground pepper.
- Place in a 9 X 13 metal cake pan and roast at 400°F for approximately 30 minute.
- The tomatoes should be shriveled and the garlic tender.
- Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water while tomatoes and garlic are cooking.
- Drain and return pasta to pot.
- Add garlic tomato mixture and parsley, tossing to coat.
- Serve with sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- If you don't have any fresh Parmesan try other sharp hard cheeses such as Romano or Asiago.