1/2 Photos of Pasta With Roasted Chicken and Fresh Herbs
I came up with this recipe when trying to figure out what to do with leftovers from last night's beer butt chicken. Everything in here is fresh - from the organic chicken to the bright herbs from my garden. One of the reasons it came out so well, I think, is that the herbs in the pasta are the same one's that were used when roasting the chicken, so it was already infused with the flavors. You could use a store bought rotisserie chicken to make life really easy. I didn't really measure anything, so this is a loose approximation...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely minced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth, preferably homemade
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 lb penne pasta, cooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1Place garlic, onion, bell pepper, olive oil and butter in a 3 qt saucepan, cook over medium heat until onion is translucent and pepper is soft, about five minutes, stirring frequently so it doesn't scorch.
- 2Add wine, stir, let simmer about three minutes to eliminate the alcohol.
- 3Add basil, oregano, rosemary and tomato, simmer for five minutes.
- 4Add broth and pepper, then salt to taste. Return to boil and then simmer for three minutes.
- 5Add chicken, return to boil and simmer for five minutes to allow flavors to meld.
- 6Add cream, stir well.
- 7Add cooked pasta and parsley, stir to combine. Adjust salt to taste and serve immediately in pasta bowls.
- 8The sauce will be thin, so serve this with spoons and a good loaf of crusty french bread to mop it up.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Roasted Chicken and Fresh Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.5
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 127.7 mg
- Sodium 416.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 31.2 g