Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
Add cooked shredded chicken, grilled shrimp or scallops to this dish to make it more substantial. Grape tomatoes can also be substituted.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Delicious! I used cherry tomatoes, but will use grape next time. The cherries seemed a bit "tangy," but still wonderful. I also used Shirataki tofu noodles instead of penne, and added cooked diced chicken. Thank you!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cherry tomatoes or 1 1⁄2 lbs grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, fresh French bread may be used
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 lb penne pasta or 1 lb fusilli
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the tomato halves in a large baking dish that can be brought to the table.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper; spoon over tomatoes; spoon olive oil evenly over mixture.
- Roast the tomatoes for 30-35 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly, browned, and slightly thickened.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta for about 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain well.
- Add the pasta to the tomato mixture in the baking dish.
- Add the basil and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.