Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Add cooked shredded chicken, grilled shrimp or scallops to this dish to make it more substantial. Grape tomatoes can also be substituted.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cherry tomatoes or 1 1⁄2 lbs grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, fresh French bread may be used
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 lb penne pasta or 1 lb fusilli
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the tomato halves in a large baking dish that can be brought to the table.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, and pepper; spoon over tomatoes; spoon olive oil evenly over mixture.
- Roast the tomatoes for 30-35 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly, browned, and slightly thickened.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta for about 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain well.
- Add the pasta to the tomato mixture in the baking dish.
- Add the basil and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious! I used cherry tomatoes, but will use grape next time. The cherries seemed a bit "tangy," but still wonderful. I also used Shirataki tofu noodles instead of penne, and added cooked diced chicken. Thank you!