Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
When you want something quick and tasty, this pasta dish with sweet roasted peppers, garlic and fresh thyme is hard to beat.
- 2 red peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 yellow peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 slices crusty bread, crusts removed
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated,plus extra to serve
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped (a good handful)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 250 g dried tagliatelle pasta noodles or 250 g ribbon pasta
- Put the peppers, garlic, olive oil and thyme leaves in the base of a grill pan and grill until tender (about 15 to 20 minutes), turning them occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Put the bread in a food processor and whizz until fine crumbs are formed.
- Place on a baking tray and grill for a ocuple of minutes until golden-watch that they don't burn, and turn them occasionally so they're evenly golden.
- Cool slightly, then mix with the Parmesan, parsley and lemon zest.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Drain and return to the pan.
- Add the breadcrumb mixture, the peppers and their cooking juices and toss together.
- Season and serve drizzled with olive oil and grated Parmesan.
YUM. Just the right combination of flavors and sooo fresh tasting. I used dried bread crumbs but will make fresh next time. The dried soaked up too much oil and I like to keep the oil to a minimum.