Top Review by Aunt Cookie
This is a really good, REALLY fast pasta dish. I was afraid that the yogurt would make it too sour, but I think the recipe calls for the perfect amount. It would be a bad idea to substitute dried herbs for fresh, by the way, and I think I'll add more basil next time. Thanks for sharing this one; I'm sure I'll be making it again.
- 8 ounces pasta (preferably vermicelli)
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, Chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, Chopped (about 2 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- GARNISH: cherry tomatoes or broccoli florets, more grated Parmesan cheese, and sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper, optional.
- Boil a large pot of water; cook pasta until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, in bowl of food processor, place ricotta, yogurt, margarine, garlic, walnuts, and chhese; process till smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- When pasta is done, drain well.
- Toss with sauce.
- Top with garnishes and serve immediately.
- VARIATIONS: - when sauce is tossed with pasta, add steamed vegetables such