Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I thought this would be interesting for a fast no-meat supper or side dish. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (February 1986)
- 177.44 ml fresh basil
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese
- 453.59 g fettuccine, cooked (or other pasta)
- 473.19 ml cherry tomatoes, stemmed and halved
- parmesan cheese or romano cheese, grated
- In a food processor mince basil, garlic and parsley. Add oil through food tube and process for 10 seconds or until thick.
- Add ricotta cheese and process using on/off turns until blended.
- Pour pasta in serving dish and pour pesto over and then top with tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Serve with grated cheese.
This pasta came out really good. The ricotta gave a very creamy texture with a pesto tang in the background. The only thing not to forget is salt! Used Penne pasta for this. Made this for potato/pasta challenge .
My kind of dish. Who needs meat? The flavors of the pesto blended beautifully with the creaminess of the ricotta cheese making this a very enjoyable dish! Thanks so much for sharing this simple yet delicious recipe that was ready in a flash.
This made for a quick, easy, fresh tasting dinner last night. I had about a cup of fresh ricotta that needed using, and used fresh basil from my garden. We used linguine noodles. Everyone enjoyed. I served with a tomato avocado salad. Thanks!