Recipe by ellie_
I thought this would be interesting for a fast no-meat supper or side dish. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (February 1986)
Top Review by Marz
This pasta came out really good. The ricotta gave a very creamy texture with a pesto tang in the background. The only thing not to forget is salt! Used Penne pasta for this. Made this for potato/pasta challenge .
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 lb fettuccine, cooked (or other pasta)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, stemmed and halved
- parmesan cheese or romano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor mince basil, garlic and parsley. Add oil through food tube and process for 10 seconds or until thick.
- Add ricotta cheese and process using on/off turns until blended.
- Pour pasta in serving dish and pour pesto over and then top with tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Serve with grated cheese.