Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very cheese recipe but it tastes really good if you love cheese.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup grates parmesan cheese
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese or 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
- Boil water to cook pasta while making pesto.
- In food processor, process garlic, basil and pinenuts for 30 seconds, until almost smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 cup ricotta cheese and remaining ingredients and process for 45 seconds until thoroughly blended.
- Set aside and cook pasta.
- Toss well-drained pasta with pesto and serve with remaining parmesan cheese.