1/1 Photo of Pasta With Red Sauce and Salmon
lucy k.'s Note:
When preparing salmon, I usually cut off the skinny edges and freeze them in a zip-lock bag. Then there's fish on hand to throw into a quick dish like this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 lb uncooked salmon, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 cups penne or 3 cups fusilli
- 1Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion; cook 3 minutes.
- 3Add garlic; cook an additional 2 minutes.
- 4Add next 6 ingredients; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally (gently to avoid breaking apart salmon).
- 5Cook pasta while sauce is simmering.
- 6Add water if sauce becomes too thick.
- 7Add parsley and basil a couple of minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Red Sauce and Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.5
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 55.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 19.7 g