Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a favorite! Very quick for those days when you get out of work late. I got this years ago from the back of a Ronzoni pasta box. Now I use Barilla Plus multi grain pasta. Taste the pasta from time to time, the Barilla seems to take a bit longer than the regular elbow noodles. So good! Tastes fantastic with corn bread on the side.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- Bring undrained tomatoes, undrained kidney beans, water, parsley and seasonings to a boil in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add pasta, stir, turn off heat, and cover.
- Stir frequently until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese if desired.
This is supremely good ! Now, "something" was missing...I added 3 tablespoons butter at the end of the steaming while it was still hot....Behold ! Delicious !<br/>Thank you for this easy, delicious recipe....
What a great little recipe. So easy. I didn't feel like cooking tonight, but had some some noodles, beans and tomatoes. I did a quick search and found this. It came together so fast and was delicious. I used one can of kidney beans and one can of garbanzo beans and topped with Parmesan cheese. My 4 year old said he liked it, so it's definitely a keeper. Thanks!
OMG..I have been looking for this recipe for years! I, too, got it off the back of a Ronzoni box, sometime in the early 90's. I lost it and was so sad. It is so tasty, and very diet friendly..