Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Serve with side salad and bread.
Top Review by Soobeeoz
This was quick and easy to make, tasty and healthy. I didn't have any parsley, used a 420g can of cherry tomatoes, 4 shallots (all I had), extra parmesan and I added some chilli powder and a little sugar. Will make again!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced into 3/8 inch strips and strips halved
- 6 green onions, sliced (include some tender green tops)
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise, then sliced into 3/8 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 -5 basil leaves, chopped
- 8 ounces mostaccioli pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, warm oil over medium heat; add in bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and garlic.
- Stir/saute until tender crisp, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in tomatoes, salt, pepper, and basil; cook until flavors are blended, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Toss with pasta, oil, cheese, and parsley until well mixed.
- Tranfer to a warm platter; serve immediately; top with more cheese, if desired.