1 hr 13 mins
Serve with side salad and bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into 3/8 inch strips and strips halved
- 6 green onions, sliced (include some tender green tops)
- 1/4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise, then sliced into 3/8 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 -5 basil leaves, chopped
- 8 ounces mostaccioli pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, warm oil over medium heat; add in bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and garlic.
- 2Stir/saute until tender crisp, about 6-8 minutes.
- 3Add in tomatoes, salt, pepper, and basil; cook until flavors are blended, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- 4Toss with pasta, oil, cheese, and parsley until well mixed.
- 5Tranfer to a warm platter; serve immediately; top with more cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta With Red Bell Pepper, Mushroom, and Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.8
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 142.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 12.9 g